- I-9 Compliance
- Family Based Immigration
- Employment Based Immigration
- Green Card & Permanent Residency
Barbara Marcouiller provides custom immigration solutions for businesses and families. She has 25 years of experience and her practice is dedicated 100% to immigration and nationality law and I9 compliance. Her primary goal is to give her clients the most thorough analysis and detailed case preparation. Barbara is very experienced with employment-based first preference and second preference with national interest waiver applications for outstanding researchers and professors, scientists, medical researchers, multi-national executives, artists, and more, as well as PERM applications, all aspects of family based immigration, naturalization, nationality, and temporary visas including H1B, H4, O1, L1, TN, B2, H3, and F.
Barbara’s background in international business includes a master’s degree in international business and economics through the prestigious Institute of Latin American Studies at the University of Texas at Austin. Her graduate level work includes country risk analysis, international finance, international business operations, economic development of the third world, and more.
Barbara is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). She has held a number of leadership positions on behalf of the Washington State chapter of that organization including chapter officer, and liaison with the USCIS on behalf of the attorneys, and currently serves as co-chair of the Consumer Protection and Lawyer Professional Responsibility committee.
Barbara is a frequent speaker at professional seminars including on the national level, and has been recognized for her achievement by the Washington State Chapter of AILA for “service to our organization, our profession and our community” and by The Legal Clinics of the King County Bar Association.
Barbara is a Co-Editor of “Ethics and Your Immigration Practice,” published by AILA, and is fluent in Spanish.
- J.D., Loyola University of Chicago
- M.A., University of Texas at Austin
- B.A., St. Mary’s College at Notre Dame
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- State of Illinois (voluntarily inactive due to presence in Washington)
- State of Washington
Professional & Civic Involvement:
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- East King County Bar Association – volunteers her time at the immigration legal clinics
- St. James Immigrant Assistance
- French American Chamber of Commerce
Publications & Seminars:
Barbara is a Co-Editor of “Ethics and Your Immigration Practice,” published by AILA. She also has appeared as a frequent guest on Spanish language radio programs discussing immigration issues and responding to questions from the public. She donates her time as a speaker at forums on immigration issues.