Charles J. “C.J.” Carroll’s practice focuses on dispute resolution and litigation with an emphasis on disputes relating to contracts, construction, insurance, real estate, employment, and other matters.
Disputes and Litigation
In his business disputes practice, C.J. applies his extensive experience seeking early and effective resolution in the pre-trial stages. C.J. has a track record of successful client outcomes including two published appellate decisions in favor of his clients.
C.J.’s dispute and litigation experience involves a wide variety of complex insurance matters, including insurance coverage, insurance defense, bad faith, Insurance Fair Conduct Act claims, and Consumer Protection Act claims. In addition to his current business litigation and dispute practices, C.J. also has substantive experience in civil rights, personal injury, premises liability, and medical malpractice litigation.
U.S. Senate Intern Experience
C.J.’s background includes serving as a United States Senate intern, where he provided policy analysis to constituents. C.J. also served for three years for an alternative dispute resolution firm.
Background and Personal
When not in the office, C.J. enjoys working on his golf game and is a season ticket holder for both the Huskies and Seahawks.
- Ramm v. Farmers Ins. Co. of Wash., 2017 Wash. App. LEXIS 1312 (Wash. Ct. App. June 6, 2017)
- Crowthers v. Travelers Indem. Co., 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 142123, 2016 WL 5944583 (W.D. Wash. Oct. 13, 2016)
- Lesure v. Farmers Ins. Co. of Wash., 197 Wn. App. 239, 392 P.3d 1076 (2016)
- WSAJ Product Liability Deskbook
- Co-authored chapters on ‘Failure to Warn’ and ‘Breach of Warranty’ for the Washington State Association for Justice Product Liability Deskbook