Daniel M. (“Dan”) Hendrickson
Corporate, LLC and Business and Professional entity formation and maintenance
Mergers & Acquisitions
Shareholder and LLC Buy-Sell and Succession Agreements
Business Planning and Contract Law
As a practicing attorney for more than 30 years with a Masters in Business Administration, Dan’s practice is focused on business law, and assisting businesses throughout their life cycle with transactional and contractual matters as well as helping business owners and individuals with their estate planning needs. Dan’s goal is to provide practical advice to help his clients document business agreements, solve business and legal problems and, most importantly, stay out of the court room.
Dan counsels new business clients on entity choice formation, associated tax ramifications, equity structuring, and how businesses can avoid many potential disputes through buy/sell, shareholder, and other agreements. He also assists companies in succession planning.
As businesses grow, Dan provides counsel on contractual matters such as employment agreements, confidentiality and non-compete agreements, invention and work for hire agreements, and distribution agreements. He has extensive experience with respect to corporate finance, venture capital financing, securities law, employment, and technology licensing, and routinely advises clients on these matters, as well as reviewing, preparing, and negotiating complex agreements. Dan also assists business clients in mergers, acquisitions, and sale of companies and significant assets.
Dan’s clients include small to medium-sized businesses of all types, as well as physicians and professional groups and practices. By understanding client business objectives, Dan is able to help businesses with directed, strategic legal advice designed to serve their needs over the long term.
Dan also helps individual clients prepare for the distribution of their estates. His estate planning practice is focused on helping clients determine the best method for asset distribution considering estate tax laws, administration costs, and other factors.
Away from the office Dan enjoys playing and following golf, talking sports, attending Husky games, discussing with pride and humor the life experiences of his two sons and the children of his clients and friends, visiting with Whitman college friends and, as one who enjoys the “tasting room experience,” visiting wineries.
J.D., University of Washington, with Honors, 1983
M.B.A., University of Washington, finance and accounting, 1983
B.A. Economics, Whitman College, magna cum laude, 1979 (Phi Beta Kappa)
Washington State Bar, 1983
United States District Court for the Western District of Washington, 1983
- Physicians and Healthcare providers
- Service Businesses
Recent Representative Transactions:
- Represented start-up company in multi-million dollar Series A and B preferred stock investments by venture capital firm
- Represented private company in $80 Million asset sale to public company
- Represented private company shareholder in $10 Million stock sale to public company
- Represented private company shareholders in $8 Million stock sale to public company
- Represented numerous physician practices in succession planning, buy-ins, employment contracts, practice acquisitions, mergers and sales to hospitals
Professional & Civic Involvement:
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association (Business, Health Law, Real Property, Probate and Trust Sections)
- East King County Bar Association (Business, Health Law, Real Property, Probate and Trust Sections)
- American Bar Association (Business and Health Law Sections)
- Co-Class Representative for the development office of Whitman College- class of 1979