John F. Sherwood, Jr.
John’s practice focuses on real estate, estate planning, probate and trust, business planning, and tax law. He advises clients on estate planning matters, including family business planning; commercial and residential real estate transactions and litigation; business transactions; business planning; and probate and trust administration and disputes.
LL.M. Tax, University of Washington, 1998
J.D., Gonzaga University, 1997
B.S., Arizona State University, 1994
U.S. Tax Court, 1998
United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
Professional & Civic Involvement:
- Washington Bar Association (Real Property, Probate and Trust Section)
- King County Bar Association (Real Property, Probate and Trust Section)
- Member Board of Directors of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Western Washington & Alaska
- Seattle Foundation’s Professional Advisor Council
- Secretary & Member of the Board of Trustees for St. Thomas Day School
- John advises a number of non-profit agencies and foundations on a pro-bono basis.
Publications & Seminars:
- Author, “Residential Real Estate – New landlords can avert disputes by knowing rules,” PSBJ, 2006
- Co-author, “Estate Planning for the Small Business Owner,” WSBA, 2003
- Author, “Death and the Real Estate Transaction,” Broker Agent Magazine, 2003
- Co-Author, “Estate and Gift Taxes and the Marital Deduction Planning,” WSBA, 2001
Honors & Awards: