Joshua D. Brittingham
Josh’s practice is focused on serving the commercial litigation, real estate, and transactional needs of individuals and businesses.
His litigation practice includes real estate matters (such as lease disputes, boundary, and property matters), lending and commercial finance matters (such as mortgage-backed claim disputes), and commercial litigation matters (including contract breaches, tortious interference with contract claims, business owner disputes and breaches of fiduciary duty claims, non-compete and trade secret violations, and collection matters).
His transactional practice includes entity formation, advising and representing clients in real estate matters, purchase and sale agreements, leases and other transactions, as well as drafting master contracts, promissory notes, and other agreements.
Josh comes from a business background. Both of his parents are small business owners, and, prior to practicing law, Josh worked as a project manager and business analyst in the financial services industry. With this background Josh approaches litigation matters from both legal and business perspectives, with a goal of helping clients identify how to reach an effective resolution efficiently.
Josh and his wife are the parents of three young children. Much of his spare time is devoted to family activities, including coaching youth sports. Apart from family activities, Josh also enjoys backpacking and golf.
J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 2008
B.A., Northwest University (summa cum laude 2000)
State of Washington, (2009)
State of California, (2008)
United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Jury trial of multi-million dollar product liability case against Ford in W.D. Washington.
- Obtained summary judgment ruling that bank could not “redeem” property purchased at foreclosure sale by real estate investment client which allowed client to retain the property.
- Extensively litigated Lehman Brothers’ “bad loan” breach of contract claim against warehouse lending client in W.D. Washington and obtained dismissal based on statute of limitations.
- Leases, subleases, and lease modifications for landlord and tenant clients.
- Real Estate Contract for purchase of office space from port district.
- Purchase and sale of distressed business assets.
- Promissory note for loan secured by deed of trust.
- Waiver and Release for youth football program participants.
Professional & Civic Involvement:
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- East King County Bar Association Youth sports coach, Woodinville Little League
Honors & Awards:
- Co-Chief Managing Editor, UCLA Journal of International Law & Foreign Affairs.
- Presidential Scholar, Outstanding Business Management Student, Class President, five-time debate tournament champion and student commencement speaker, Northwest University, Kirkland, WA.