Environmental issues can pose a significant risk to a client’s business. From responding to information requests or a demand to conducting environmental due diligence on behalf of lenders and purchasers, PRK can help clients make informed business decisions about how best to approach actual and potential environmental risks. PRK attorneys have extensive and successful experience litigating complex disputes between multiple parties based upon federal and state environmental laws, as well as advising clients regarding cost/benefit considerations during litigation, including the benefit of alternative dispute resolution. In every instance, PRK attorneys are focused on listening to our client’s particular business objectives and evaluating how we can help our client meet those objectives. Moreover, PRK attorneys know how to communicate complicated environmental legal issues and technical data in a clear and accurate way to business clients, so those clients can approach their business decisions with sound and useful information.
PRK Environmental services include:
- Providing regulatory and compliance advice, including responding to information requests and advising clients regarding management of dangerous/hazardous waste
- Providing environmental due diligence assistance for lenders and purchasers
- Assisting with the sale and acquisition of environmentally-focused businesses
- Negotiating releases and indemnity provisions
- Analyzing and managing environmental insurance issues
- Bringing and defending cost recovery and contribution claims under state and federal environmental laws
- Defending clients in state agency proceedings
- Counseling clients on siting and permitting issues and representing them in appeals before quasi-judicial bodies
PRK attorney contacts for this area:
John Sherwood Jr.