Michael T. Callan
Mike is a Partner of the firm whose practice is focused on resolution of commercial and business disputes including employment, real estate, and business matters.
Mike’s employment practice relates to every facet of the employment relationship, advising clients on issues such as wage claims, non-compete agreements, misappropriation of trade secrets, fee and commission entitlement, hiring and firing and employment discrimination matters. His representation extends from counseling clients to litigation including pre-trial efforts for dispute resolution (such as negotiation and mediation), and representing clients in arbitration, administrative hearings, trials and appeals.
In his business and real estate practice Mike represents business and property owners, brokers, developers, contractors, builders, subcontractors, and others in the construction and real estate industries. He often represents clients in disputes concerning performance, easement and boundary issues, liens, construction defects, and payment matters. His real estate clients range from builders, developers and brokers to residential property owners.
Mike has been a member of the Judicial Evaluation Committee and a Trustee of the King County Bar Association. He is a UCLA soccer alumnus and is an avid Sounders and Seahawk fan. When not in the office he can usually be found waterskiing or wake surfing with his family on Lake Sammamish.
J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 1986
B.S., University of California at Los Angeles, 1982
State of Washington, 1986
United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Kidder Mathews & Segner, Inc. v. Harbor Marine Maintenance & Supply, Inc. 174 Wash.App. 1028 (2013)
- Bennett v. Smith Bunday Berman Britton, PS, 156 Wash.App. 293 (2010)
- Lafjord USA v. Nutreco Holding NV , 2005 WL 1126923
Professional & Civic Involvement:
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- King County Bar Association Trustee 2010-12
- East King County Bar Association (Judicial Evaluation Committee)
- Eastside Legal Assistance Program