Terrence (Terry) Danysh’s practice focuses on permitting, entitlements, and regulatory approvals. He represents clients in a broad range of industries and sectors throughout the Puget Sound area. This includes land use, municipal and construction law, along with work in the telecommunications arena.
Terry has over 30-years of experience working extensively on land use related issues. He has been involved in many high-profile projects working closely with clients throughout all phases of development. Terry is most often looped in at the start of a project, then closely monitors all project phases, while anticipating obstacles, risks, and regulatory approval needs.
His practice often includes representing individuals, developers, companies, Native American tribes, and municipalities in legal disputes over local regulations or their application. Terry also works in the eminent domain arena on behalf of private and public entities.
Terry serves as a partner and close legal advisor to his clients and always works towards de-escalating conflict through dogged negotiation. When disputes cannot be resolved, Terry is prepared to represent his clients in litigation.
Terry is listed in Best Lawyers in America©, 2011-2020; named a “Top Lawyer in Washington” by Washington CEO Magazine and Avvo Inc., and listed in Washington Super Lawyer for several consecutive years. The broad range of work Terry does include:
- Land use due diligence and analysis
- Conditional uses, variances, and nonconforming uses
- Annexations and boundary extensions
- Administrative and judicial proceedings
- Drafting, modifying and updating city zoning ordinances
- Financing arrangements
- Development agreements
- Appeals and enforcement of impact fee issues
- Muckleshoot Indian Tribe’s sale of the Salish Lodge to Snoqualmie Indian Tribe
- Muckleshoot Indian Tribe’s Salish Lodge expansion project (2008-2019)
- City of Shoreline, Washington in the Point Wells and Shoreline Place projects, which involved negotiations with city, county, state and federal entities, due diligence, permitting, eminent domain, administrative and judicial litigation and appeals, lobbying and legislation, water rights processing and appeals, and purchase and sale transactions.
- Capital One’s Western States headquarters and operations
- Amtrak’s Pacific Northwest corridor maintenance yard and facilities
- B. Sports’ Trophy Lake and Washington National Golf and Country Clubs
- Robertson Properties Group’s redevelopment of the 80-acre Valley Drive-In property in Auburn, Washington and the 65-acre Midway Drive-in in Kent, Washington
- City of Yakima, Washington in the rezoning of the 725-acre Congdon Orchards property
- New York State Teachers Retirement System Pension Fund Refinance of IDX Tower, in downtown Seattle
Terry is a frequent author and speaker on a variety of topics that fall within the unique areas of his practice emphasis.