Tylor Laney is a litigation attorney with over 18 years of experience handling complex, high-exposure, civil cases in state and federal courts.
Tylor represents owners, developers, and contractors in multi-family, single-family and commercial disputes, often involving construction defects, payment, liens, and breach of contract. Tylor employs a strategic approach to these complex cases in order get to the heart of the case, and achieve the most efficient and favorable outcome.
Business and Commercial Disputes
Tylor represents business owners in a wide variety of matters, including disputes arising from commercial transactions, breach of contract, vendor agreements, employment agreements, and related matters.
Tylor has substantial experience advising policy holders and insurers on commercial and personal insurance coverage issues, including defense obligations, scope of coverage, duty to settle, primary and excess coverage, additional insurance, insurance regulations, bad faith, IFCA, and more.
Tylor’s insurance defense practice focuses on construction related lawsuits, predominantly involving construction defects, subrogation losses, and construction-related injury claims. Over his career, however, Tylor has handled serious personal injury cases, product liability cases, medical negligence cases, and a wide variety of other general liability cases.
Tylor believes successful litigation results from the development and execution of a sound strategy, timely and complete investigation, targeted and tailored discovery, strategic and persuasive motions practice, and diligent trial preparation. At the outset of each case, he works with clients to focus on defining a successful outcome, taking into account that in most cases, clients are concerned with efficiently and favorably resolving litigation matters. Over years of practice, he has a well-established track record of successful results and client satisfaction, having resolved hundreds of cases on behalf of clients.
- Complete dismissal of construction defect claims against roofing contractor in multi-party construction defect case.
- Complete dismissal of siding contractor in $12 Million case alleging water intrusion and partial collapse.
- Complete dismissal of builder in $1 Million fire subrogation case.
- Recovery of over $300,000 for single-family homeowner on construction defect claim.
- Favorable settlement of 30+ multi-family construction defect lawsuits alleging $1 Million or more of damages in each case.
- Complete dismissal of lawsuit against commercial tenant seeking in excess of $500,000 in damages for property damage.
- Complete dismissal of lawsuit against condominium developer seeking in excess of $1 Million for alleged construction defects.
- Complete dismissal of lawsuit against commercial sprinkler company seeking in excess of $300,000 in damages.
- Complete dismissal of lawsuit against contractor seeking $200,000 in damages for alleged trip and fall on structure built by contractor.
- Favorable settlement (6% of gross damages) of lawsuit against builder seeking $2.5 Million for damage caused by electrical fire.
- Favorable settlement (11% of gross damages) of lawsuit against stove manufacturer/installer for alleged faulty installation of stove, resulting in fire that destroyed residence.
- Recovery of over $600,000 on fidelity bond claim made on behalf of financial institution.
- Recovery of $260,000 on behalf of commercial building owner for construction defects.
- Recovery of $125,000 for apartment owner for construction defects.