Tylor Laney is a litigation attorney who effectively handles high exposure claims and lawsuits involving construction, property damage, injury, insurance, and general commercial disputes.
Litigation, Construction, Insurance Defense and Casualty
A large part of Tylor’s practice involves representing owners, developers, contractors and other construction professionals in construction defect litigation, construction site injury cases, and related insurance coverage disputes. Over the years, Tylor has handled hundreds of high exposure cases, establishing a superb track record of success – whether by resolution on the merits, through a favorable settlement, or otherwise. Tylor is efficient, strategic, and diligent in the representation of clients, earning a high level of satisfaction from his clients and respect from his peers.
Tylor invites you to review his Representative Matters (linked above) and to contact him directly if he can be of assistance.
Tylor believes successful litigation results from the development and execution of a sound strategy, timely and complete investigation, targeted and tailored discovery, strategic and persuasive motions practice, and diligent trial preparation. At the outset of each case, he works with clients to focus on defining a successful outcome, taking into account that in most cases, clients are concerned with efficiently and favorably resolving litigation matters. Over years of practice, he has a well-established track record of successful results and client satisfaction, having resolved hundreds of cases on behalf of clients.
- Complete dismissal of construction defect claims against roofing contractor in multi-party construction defect case.
- Complete dismissal of siding contractor in $12 Million case alleging water intrusion and partial collapse.
- Complete dismissal of builder in $1 Million fire subrogation case.
- Recovery of over $300,000 for single-family homeowner on construction defect claim.
- Favorable settlement of 30+ multi-family construction defect lawsuits alleging $1 Million or more of damages in each case.
- Complete dismissal of lawsuit against commercial tenant seeking in excess of $500,000 in damages for property damage.
- Complete dismissal of lawsuit against condominium developer seeking in excess of $1 Million for alleged construction defects.
- Complete dismissal of lawsuit against commercial sprinkler company seeking in excess of $300,000 in damages.
- Complete dismissal of lawsuit against contractor seeking $200,000 in damages for alleged trip and fall on structure built by contractor.
- Favorable settlement (6% of gross damages) of lawsuit against builder seeking $2.5 Million for damage caused by electrical fire.
- Favorable settlement (11% of gross damages) of lawsuit against stove manufacturer/installer for alleged faulty installation of stove, resulting in fire that destroyed residence.
- Recovery of over $600,000 on fidelity bond claim made on behalf of financial institution.
- Recovery of $260,000 on behalf of commercial building owner for construction defects.
- Recovery of $125,000 for apartment owner for construction defects.